Commerce Realm

Anything and everything related to commerce - we'll feature product reviews, updates on new services, important news that affects your business and a lot more.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

A New Way to Spreadsheet


Have you tried Google's new Spreadsheet feature yet? As someone who uses these on a frequent basis, I was interested to give them a spin. The interface is easy to use, the formulas work well, and overall, it's easier than Excel. I liked the sharing features, which would be a great benefit for companies with telecommuters, or more than one location.

The pasting options are nice, as well as the ability to save and export in .xls format (a smart move from Google). You can also save it as an html file if you prefer.

While I like this new service from Google, I must admit I'm a little concerned about security and privacy. I'm not sure this would be a good fit for sensitive company data, but for a quick data set, or data that is not proprietary, it's definitely worth a shot.