Commerce Realm

Anything and everything related to commerce - we'll feature product reviews, updates on new services, important news that affects your business and a lot more.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Promoting Your Company with Online Commercials

The prevelance of video sharing sites has made it super easy for companies to begin promoting their products through the use of online commercials. Have you tried this yet? All you need is some video editing software and a way to encode your files and you'll be just a few minutes away from promoting your products to an entirely new audience.

The best part? No bandwidth or storage! You can see one of the commercials I put together for a company below. Although I didn't add an audio track to this one to allow the company to use their own voice-over artist, you can get a general idea of the concept. Just as with television commercials, your online video commercials will need to have a concept, a theme and a message. Before I forget, you don't even have to have a company to use video promotion techniques. You can also use the same idea for blog advertising.



For this theme, I chose luxury items to illustrate what a person could do with the extra money they can earn with this service. I focused on high-end products that many people wish they had, but don't have the disposable income to buy. I also chose scenes for their richness of color, to evoke a feeling of "I wish that was me," or "I wish I was there."

So - get your concept together and start promoting your products today!