Commerce Realm

Anything and everything related to commerce - we'll feature product reviews, updates on new services, important news that affects your business and a lot more.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Today's Tip: Don't Forget Your Chair

One thing that I've found in my line of work is that my chair can be either my biggest friend, or my worst enemy. Online store and company owners tend to spend at least 3-5 hours sitting on these instruments of torture, and maybe longer. Uncomfortable chairs are well, uncomfortable, but they can also inhibit your work and may cause lasting damage, for example DVT.

Just as you select your support staff for their traits, you should also select your chair. I prefer the mesh type, that really mold to your back, and can keep up with me for hours at a time. They are more expensive, but with some smart shopping, you can get a great deal - like this one: New Mesh Office Chair at BizChair.com

You are only as good as your support, whether it's human, e, or in this case, that medievel torture device known as your office chair. Give a few a try and see if you can't find one that will make you want to continue working, instead of running away from your desk.